I have been tagged by Hala! Thanks! So, I will try to answer these questions to the best of my ability. (I have been watching/reading way too many law enforcement related shows/books)
1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren’t anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?
I’m semi-anonymous. My friends and family read this blog, so I try to stay neutral about various issues. I am fine with the way I blog now, I don’t think people could pick me out from a line up but I like it that way. I try not to talk about my job/family too much because I get nervous about being fired or sued…You never know!
2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
How do I begin? I’m very stubborn. Well, I moved to Jordan when everyone said I should just stay in the US and that I would hate it. I know it was what I needed to do and it was def. worth it. I learned so much and grew so much.
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
I never really look in the mirror but when I do, I see someone on a journey of self discovery. I’m constantly changing, moving and trying to be a better person. Someone fiercely independent and just trying to make a difference. (I stole the “fiercely independent” from a friend)
4. What is your favourite summer cold drink?
Hmmm, Hala said it best. A nice cold lemon with mint slush. Or a good old blueberry and raspberry slushy from 7 Eleven.
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
I love love love to read and lately I have been taking a lot of pictures. I can get lost in a book for hours.
6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?
1. Grad School.
2. Settle down in one spot and maybe with someone.
3. Visit Africa.
4. Do more charity work.
5. Continue to change lives
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
I was the shy person. I was a very very shy person but when I went away to college that changed. I think I did some heavy ditching my senior year of HS…but isn’t that expected? 😀
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see
Well, I see different things but right now I see the time I was at Wal-Mart, Dec. 2001 and these ladies called me “Bin Laden Lady” and laughed. It was really hard for me to grasp and being 16 didn’t make it easier, either. Man, that was almost 11 years ago!
The reason this is sticking out is because I dealt with some ignorance tonight and I’m just replaying that in my head.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?
I think I do a little of both. I share about my life but not too deep. I pick moments and events but try to keep it light. I hate over sharing about my life.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
I would totally choose the book. I like talking to people but not when I can sit down and read. I usually make my calls when I am driving (Not safe, I know) or walking somewhere, shopping but when I’m at home…I try to be phone free.
So, I must tag people….but most people who read this have already been tagged…So, I shall tag two people! 🙂
I tag: Haitham